The cukes are especially young and tasty this week and the lettuce mix is also at a great size and texture for salads. Adding some calendula and marigold to your salad could be fun too. The flowers will last about four days in a vase.
****Note: To make delivery worth our while, we would like a $25 minimum order. If it’s right around there no worries, but this just makes harvesting and delivering practical for us. Thanks!
- Cut Lettuce Mix (a mix of baby red oakleaf, green romaine, …): Up to 10 lbs.-$7/lb (leaves are a baby green size, larger than baby green size)
- Head Lettuce: Up to 10 heads or 10ish lbs-$1.50/head or $1.00/lb
- Cooking Greens Arugula (second cuttings of arugula that are tougher but are still mild and tasty): Up to 5 lbs, $5/lb
- Rainbow Chard: Up to 10 lbs or 15 bunches-$2.50/lb or $1.50/bunch
- Kale: (Lacinato/Dino, slender dark green leaves),-$3.50/lb
- Cabbage: (Gonzalez-smooth leaf), (Alcosa-krinkly leaf): up to 12 large heads:-$1.50/lb
- Zuchini (Dark Star (dark green, smooth skin) and Costata Romanesco (light green, striped, ridged): Up to 10 lbs: $1.50/lb
- Cucumbers (classic and long, slender japanese variety): Up to 6 lbs (each cuke weighs roughly 1/4-1/2 pound): $1.50/lb
- Chives and Garlic Chives: Up to 4 lbs. or 15 bunches- $8/lb or $1.50/bunch
- Italian Flat Leaf Parsley: Up to 8 lbs–$6/lb or $1.50/bunch
- Basil: Up to 1 lb–
- Greek Oregano: Up to 13 oz.–$3/oz.
- Sage: Up to 4 oz.–$3/oz
- Summer Savory: Up to 4 oz.–$3/oz.
- Flowers (edible): (Calendula and Marigold). up to 4 lbs.–$5/lb
- Green Onions, Garlic Chives: Up to 4 lbs. or 15 bunches–8$/lb or 1.50/bunch
Remember you can check our website at cullyneighborhoodfarm.org and click on our “CSA” tab to see pictures of the weekly share and to get ideas of what the veggies on the list look like each week.
We will do our harvest on Tuesday mornings for a Tuesday delivery by noon if you get back to us by Monday night around 11:00 pm.